Wednesday, March 18, 2009

More About Sonogram

At the ultrasound yesterday, I went in by myself first. They wanted to make sure there was a heartbeat before bringing in hubby and the girls. Daniel said when the tech came to the waiting room, smiling, he felt this huge wave of relief. And when they all paraded into the room the technician said, "We were just checking out the baby and listening to the heartbeat..." and I saw Daniel's face break into the biggest grin!

It could make me cry remembering it. The tech found the baby again to show Butterfly and Bumble Bee. Bumble Bee could've cared less but Butterfly was definitely intrigued. The tech turned the heartbeat on and Butterfly got a little spooked because it was so loud, so all of us adults laughed!

After the tech left the room Butterfly was confused. She kept saying she didn't get to see the baby. She thought we were going to the hosital today and that they were going to cut my stomach and show her the baby. I'm not joking- that is what she said! She was very upset when we showed up at the imaging center instead of the hospital. But all is well! The picture of the sono helps and I remind her how little the baby is right now (about an inch in length!).

We proudly hung the sonogram picture on the fridge. Afterwards I started feeling so sick I wanted to pass out and sleep. It was not a fun feeling to have. I still haven't thrown up and I have my fingers crossed that I don't!

I sometimes ask Bumble Bee, "Where's the baby?!" She immediately lifts her own shirt and says, "Tummy!" And after dinner last night Butterfly cuddled with me on the couch and put her hand on my tummy so she could "hold the baby". Such sweet little girls I have! They're going to be great big sisters to a little one.

9 comments:

Kat470 said...

So glad the ultrasound went well Joy. Sounds like everything is going great! :-D

The Mommy said...

I LOVE the way our little girls react to things! You just never know what hey are thinking about these sweet babies growing in our bellies.
I am so excited to go through this pregnancy with you!!

Anne Elizabeth said...

That is so sweet! Pink and Buddy have both been talking about how butterfly went to go see the baby in her mommy's tummy yesterday:) I told them that was where B & B were because they were bummed they didn't get to come to the park.

Katie said...

Congratulations, Sweetness! I am so happy for you! And thank you for the comments on my ped-post. I am definitely going to make his nine month appointment with a different doctor in the group.

Raising Olives said...

Oh, I love ultrasounds. Thank you for sharing your happy experience with us.

Blessings,
Kimberly

Proverbs 27:19 said...

Congrats! I am glad that all is well. How are you feeling with the nausea?

smooches,
Larie

Ris said...

So excited and thankful that you heard the heartbeat. What a relief! I can only imagine how cool it was seeing D smile!

Amber said...

I'm so so so glad everything went well! Praise God for answered prayers.

Omrithekat said...

Aww...

Congrats on the heartbeat! I'm excited to follow your pregnancy with you!