Sunday, March 22, 2009

I-guess-ee-mo!

Both of my girls love to sing, as probably every child loves to do. I especially love the songs they mix the words up to and the songs they make up on their own. There are two songs that Bumble Bee loves the most: "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" and "B-I-N-G-O".

Bumble Bee will sing the star song really quiet and then she'll belt out, "UP A-BOVE the world so high!" before singing quietly again.

She'll also try to sing the ABC's and she has for quite a long time. She doesn't get any of the letters right. Instead it is basically her singing the tune of ABC's like this: "Uh uh C uh E uh uh uh uh uh uh uhuhuhuhuh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh y and z!"

Today at church we were singing praise songs and during the last song BB was getting restless. So I picked her up and she was staring at my eyes. A smile split her face as she sang out, "I-GUESS-EEEEE-MO!" I started laughing so hard I almost dropped her. Which made her start giggling in her funny hiccup-y laugh. My reaction made her keep singing it out over and over again. I'm sure it was a huge distraction but it was uncontrollable laughter on my part. It was just toooo cute!!! "Suffer not the little children to come unto Me..." right?! I'm sure Jesus was smiling at her sweetness as well, even if her song wasn't about Him.

So what was she singing? That is how she sings "B-I-N-G-O!" She totally skips the "B" and goes straight to "I-guess-ee-mo". It doesn't sound remotely similar to the letters but I find it so endearing!

Is there a child in your life that says/sings things just a little differently and it just melts your heart?!



Monday Plans:
-Dishes
-Read a magazine
-Returns to W.alM.art (oh yippee)
-Sit on my butt
-Eat a grilled cheese
-Stuff to thrift store
-Vacuum if I feel like it
-Shave? Shower? Eh, we'll see...

I hope it rains. I really want a nice overcast day to snuggle under because it is one of my favorite parts of spring. We're not predicted to have much rain this season where I live, but just enough that we won't have a drought. Hopefully our weather guys are wrong (as usual).

One of my Wa.lM.art returns is a hair straightener I bought. It makes my hair look and feel really damaged and burnt. So any suggestions on an affordable but excellent straightener for thick, wavy hair--- please let me know make and model and even where to buy! Word-of-mouth is my fave way of buying certain products, especially health and beauty.

6 comments:

Kaye said...

Of course God was smiling on her for her joyful noises! Gotta' love them!

Patrick used to say, "buh buh buh buh world so high." I guess I wasn't enunciating when I sang to him! =) He also learned his ABCs early because I made him sing them while washing his hands. He learned the alphabet song and washed his hands long enough to actually get them clean. He still sometimes bursts into song while washing up. =)

Anne Elizabeth said...

I think Beauty Brands has the best prices on GOOD flat irons. The one I have is really nice and a lot cheaper now then when I first bought it. I do believe it's under 50. If you want one that is not going to damage your hair I would definitely go there. Sometimes they are on sale so they are even cheaper.

Alex and Jill said...

Thanks for stopping by the blog! Congrats on your wonderful news and for sharing in our excitement!

Proverbs 27:19 said...

Hey! Of course I have something cute that kids say. Naptime today, our 3-yr. old tells my husband that he needs a CD case.

I'd changed the linens this morning and forgot to put a pillow case on his pillow!!!

About the hair straightener, I have thick curly hair and when I want to wear it straight I use the 'Herstyler.' It's great. I really like the 'Wet 2 Dry Herstyler'.

Using this one eliminates the step of blow-drying it and then straightening it. It's a huge time saver!

I've not had an issue with my hair feeling dry or damaged.

smooches,
Larie

Vixbil said...

So sweet on the singing. Bubbs sings something but I can't remember the song all I know is he sings Wholiverse instead of Universe.....love it
xx

Ris said...

Chi and Paul Mitchell both make excellent flat irons. It's worth saving up for a good one if you hair is crazy like mine. They have the ceramic technology that prevents breakage too. I love my Chi! They have them online (eBay) and Ulta sells them now too.