Sunday, February 15, 2009

Nervous

So I have to admit that I'm incredibly nervous now. Once the adrenaline wore off and I stopped shaking so bad in excitement, the worry set in. Worrying about my insurance and prenatal care, worrying about a blighted ovum or cysts that give off HCG, worrying about everything... and nothing of importance.

I'm trying to stay positive and just pretend that nothing will happen, to pretend that I already know all is well even though I haven't had one test. I haven't even called the doctor yet since I tested over the weekend. I don't want to live an entire 8 months in fear.

My symptoms, or lack thereof, also make me fearful. But I have to remember and remind myself that I didn't really have nausea until week 9 with both of my girls. Every pregnancy is different, of course, but it gives me comfort to know that everything is probably just fine.

Can I just add, before I list my symptoms, how incredibly humorous it is that you don't really notice symptoms until you see the two lines? All of a sudden you have an entire list of symptoms. You wake up and feel bloated, you notice you pee every hour, your breasts have swelled up twice the size--- all in the course of the middle of the night since finding out you're pregnant.

I joined an amazing website- BabyFit. I'm continuing my diet and exercise (though it will be moderated, of course). I also found another website I adore, where I got my beautiful ticker. Most people have heard of it- TheBump.

My Symptoms (thus far):

-bloating
-peeing all the time
-fatigue
-headaches

That's about it. No nausea, no food aversions, no sore breasts (even on progesterone- but I never really had sore breasts with my girlies either). The fatigue and headaches are from the progesterone.

Ugh, I had a ton more typed up but my server keeps messing up. The server popped on to say they fixed it but of course half of my blog post wasn't saved. I don't feel like typing it all out again. Blech........

5 comments:

alison said...

Hang in there, and don't let the worrying get the best of you. It's all new and scary at the beginning, but it's also not within your control. God will see you through. *hugs*

Andrea said...

I'm praying for you! *HUG* Bloating was one of my first symptoms too. I did have an upset stomach before I saw the + HPT, but that had happened before, so I didn't think of it as a symptom until after the test! Then all of a sudden I noticed it more and all of those other symptoms! I joined BabyFit to track my food, but after a couple of weeks I figured that I'm right on track as far as nutrition goes, so I stopped. Aren't the Bump's ticker's so cute!? I love yours :-)

Mel said...

All we can do is pray, pray for God to fulfill the purpose of this child! HE is in control and I am praying that he can give you peace in all of this. Even though it is seemingly impossible and terribly scary... it can happen. I know because it did for me.
Remember, I had no symptoms, either! Slightly sore boobies and that was IT until about 7-8 weeks!

Kat470 said...

So excited for you Joy! I can't wait to follow your 9 months . . . 9 eventful months. . . of a healthy pregnancy. Congrats again. :-D

The Mommy said...

I'm sure everything will be fine, but don't we always worry!? You'll be in my prayers!!