Monday, November 3, 2008

Telling Sister

First, this is my second post of the day so scroll down. I have SO much to say and yet nothing to say at the same time. Anyway I told Butterfly today. Here was our conversation (note that she was taking a bath with Bumble Bee):

M "Butterfly? Hey, can you keep a secret?"

B Giggles. "I don't know! You can tell me!"

M "You can NOT tell Nonna."

B "Tell me! I want to know!" (she is truly her father's daughter--- has to know everything!)

M "Remember that you asked Jesus for a baby?" She nods, her smile illuminating her face. "He said 'Yes'!"

B Eyes wide, face just lit up, she says, "There's a baby in your tummy? Let me see!!!"

I just laughed and told her she couldn't see and that it would be lots and lots of days. As she was getting dressed after the bath I wanted to talk about it more with her. I asked her, "So do you think the baby is a boy or a girl?" She is ADAMANT that it is a boy. She refuses to say it's a girl. She did tell me that she'd be happy either way!

She also told me, "I'm going to change the diapers and give him a bottle. I'm going to hold him!"

I asked her what his name was and she giggled and said, "I don't know!" So I said, "Caiden?" I got an emphatic nod and she said, "Yes, my Caiden. I'm going to hold my Caiden."

I'm so stuck on that name. I don't think we'll use Zaiden. I don't care if Caiden is growing in popularity! I absolutely love it.

So that is the sweet story of Butterfly finding out. I haven't really said much to Abby about it but I have books for kids, with illustrations, that I'll break out in the next few months!

Now let's just hope Butterfly can keep the excitement to herself. I tested her out and told her to go tell Daddy because she was allowed to tell him and no one else. She got so embarassed and shy that she refused and just ran off. Then, at dinner, Daddy told her to tell Bumble Bee and she said, "NO! I cannot tell Bumble Bee." So... she may just be able to keep a secret afterall....................

5 comments:

learningtobestillandknow said...

YAY YAY YAY!! Oh my goodness! I am just getting caught up! Congrats on the BFP!

Steph said...

Oh my goodness, I am just a BIT behind!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so so so excited for you!!!! My little Ryver was a July baby, so sweet!
Yayayayayayayayay!
Almost makes me want to get pregnant again....... :) ;)
Happy Happy Nine months to you!
Yay!

Steph said...

P.S. Oh how I love those pee sticks... :D

Ris said...

I am cracking up at your boring other blog, knowing what all you REALLY have going on in that mind of yours! I love the name Caiden. And it has a neat meaning too.

Julie said...

Awwww.....what a good girl!