Friday, November 7, 2008

Silly Girls!

So I know that this pregnancy will seem to drag on forever for my kids but since I'm with them all day and just aching to talk about babies and pregnancy I keep bringing it up to them. When I'm playing with them or laying down, I make a point to mention baby. We pray for the baby and chat about it (at least Butterfly and I chat about it).

Well I started pointing to my tummy again and telling Bumble Bee, "Baby." She grins and plays along for a minute. Then she gets serious and points to her own tummy and says, "Baby!" I try to tell her no and tell her the baby is in my tummy. She'll shriek NOOOOO! Then point to her tummy calmly and say, "Baby." I just giggle and let the girl imagine!

When I told Butterfly that her Aunt Anne was having a boy she looked at me like, "Duh, Mom. I knew that!" EVEN THOUGH she voted for girl when we took a poll.

One of my fondest memories of being pregnant with Abby were the times I'd sit in her finished nursery (I got it done fast) and Butterfly would grab the baby lotion from the changing table and rub it all over my belly. Butterfly was a little younger than Bumble Bee is now but Butterfly is my nurturer. She is going to be a fantastic babysitter, and later, a mother. She feeds her dolls, burps them, even puts real diapers on them (which she gets in trouble for... sometimes...). She treats them like real babies and it is so sweet!

Bumble Bee is starting to do the same. She signs the word "Eat" and says "Teht" (she can't say eat correctly and sometimes it sounds like another word that's not so clean... LOL) and will feed her babies. Just today she begged me to put a diaper on her teddy bear.

So anyway, I don't think I'll ever forget those moments when I was so tired and achy and my sweet toddler would rub her chubby hands over my swollen belly, her sister snuggled within, and think to myself, "I don't want to forget this. Remember this, remember this!" It always made me smile, and yes it felt GOOD because that stretched skin gets so sore. I hope Bumble Bee and Butterfly both want to bond with their unborn sibling this time around as Butterfly did only 2 years ago.

1 comment:

Anne Elizabeth said...

that is a precious story about Elaina!