Thursday, November 6, 2008

No news is good news?!

Well I called the doctor's office like they asked me to, left the ol' voicemail as usual. But I never got a call back. Annoying, of course! I mean, how hard is it to get a blood test and get the results? I called for THREE days straight to set up getting my blood drawn. Now I'm not getting the results. It just irks me! I probably sound a lot angrier than I am, though, because tomorrow is only hours away.

My doctor's nurse hasn't been around so I don't know if she's on vacation or being replaced, so I can only assume that the other nurses that I have had contact with are taking on double the patient load. And yes, I will be calling again tomorrow.

In a few weeks I'll add a poll to tally up everyone's "gender guess". It won't be until February that we'll get to know but I love hearing everyone's guesses.

I'm not good at guessing genders. I know there's only a 50/50 shot at getting the right one but I always manage to guess wrong. I had no clue with Butterfly and refused to guess. With Bumble Bee I thought she was a boy (carried low, different symptoms). This time I want to guess boy again, mostly because a steak and potatoes sound REALLY good. Craving the red meat!

I took an awesome nap today. Butterfly was laying in my bed with me and I think she stayed awake the whole time, rolling around and tormenting the cat, I'm not sure! I was sleeping like a rock. It felt sooooo good but I hated waking up.

I've been keeping a pregnancy journal, too. I kept one with both of my girls. I am not consistent in writing in theirs anymore. Every few months I break them out and update but it's been quite a long time since I've done it (I think since March). Butterfly's is the most detailed, of course. I would write about her first words and all sorts of funny things. That's one reason I'm glad I blog because I write the funny stories and little things that I know I'll forget one day.

Well enough of my rambling. I'm off to brush the teeth, wash the face, and hop under my covers because it is FREEZING tonight!

1 comment:

Ris said...

I didn't have a guess as to what my own kids would be. But I guessed Mel's confidently and accurately. (She guessed both of mine too!) I do not have a guess on your baby yet. I need to think on it a few days!

I blog for the same reason! I use it to update their baby books.