Monday, November 17, 2008

"I just can't do ANYTHING!"

This is what I said when I came pounding down the stairs after my grocery store trip. Late this morning my mom-in-law took me to get my blood drawn. She drove our minivan and we took the kiddies with us. Daniel drove her car to work for the day.

So we make a stop at Anne's house so the kids can play (they hadn't seen each other in 2 weeks!) and to catch up. Then my MIL brings us home and puts my kids in bed as I have been trying to not pick them up.

I had strict orders to call when they woke up so she could come back and get Bumble Bee out of the crib. She lives 5 blocks away so we didn't wait long for her to come back.

Well we desperately need groceries. We didn't even have a slice of bread as I wanted everything eaten up before I went to the store again. Daniel gets home, exhausted and in pain, so I tell him to stay with the girls and I'll go to the store myself.

Bad idea. Really, really bad idea. It wasn't driving, it wasn't picking up a can and putting it in the cart. It was the walking and pushing, I think. By the time I checkout 1 1/2 hours later I knew that I'd be spotting when I got home.

Sure enough I run up to the bathroom and come stomping back down the stairs to announce that I can't do ANYTHING anymore. I just can't. There's got to be something going on. Maybe a pool of blood, maybe the placenta if it is formed yet, the cervix... I don't know!

The spotting stopped, as I knew it would, the moment I laid down and just stopped doing anything. I didn't think getting groceries would be that difficult.

On a lighter note we got to watch C.huck and H.eroes and that was fun! I will have my blood results tomorrow (Tuesday) and I have a good feeling about them! I just do. And I'm praying that I'm not wrong!!!


P.S. I cannot wait for my "babystrology" thing on the left sidebar to start looking more baby-like!

7 comments:

Katie said...

Nope, you can't. It's in God's hands, my dear friend.

mnrn said...

Found you on Katie's blog and just wanted to wish you a sticky BFP. And the very best. Because you deserve it. Good luck!

Hi, I'm Amber. said...

I'm still praying for you! Take it easy and stay off your feet as much as possible! I'll be checking back throughout the day for updates on your blood work.

The McMillans said...

Joy, I haven't commented, but I've been keeping up with you. You and this sweet "Pumpkin" are in my prayers. We are pregnant, too and are due in June. That great aunt of mine set up a blog for us, so add me to your blogroll please!
And btw, I LOVE my VP Mommy necklace you made!

Andrea said...

Take it easy! I've been praying for you and Pumpkin and I'll continue to do so.

mnrn said...

Coming by from Katie's blog to wish you the very best. My fingers are crossed and my prayers are being said!

Julie said...

Well, maybe this is a chance for you to slow down and let others help you. Us Krell girls---excuse me----WOMEN, are not great at letting people help us or asking for help. I think it is so sweet how Daniel and Lindee have stepped up to help you a lot so far (although I know you told me Daniel got miffed the other day!). I wish I had that kind of help and support around here. We have no idea what God is doing right now, but we can trust that it is all within His control, and for His glory. Enjoy the times you can put your feet up and have the extra sets of hands around. And PLEASE know I am thinking of you every single day and I wish I was there to help. I love you Sissy!